Conns - Deceptive sales practice

269 of 493 Conns reviews

I went in to Conn's in Dallas,TX, the Wheatland location. I purchased a laptop and a 75 inch Samsung Smart Tv. I told the Sales person, I wanted the tv with voice control and motion control. He assured me the 6350 series tv was what I needed, and sold me extra accessories to ensure the tv worked as I wanted. His exact words were I would need a sound bar and the HDMI package for the tv to work as desired, so I purchased all of these things. Once I got the tv home and set everything up, of course the motion and voice control options do not work. As I read over the manual it says I need a separate camera for motion control and no option for voice control.

I call the store for them to tell me I need a special remote for these features to work and it is a separate accessory. So I asked why I wasn't told about that when I was told about all the other options as far as accessories, when I SPECIFICALLY asked about these tv options.

I was told to call corporate, because they could not help me. Once I called corporate I was given the run around for hours, to only be told I need to be the remote and it's not their issue. So I said, I would return the things I bought because I was sold them under false pretenses, and then I was informed I would still have to pay the restocking fee.

I spent over $4,500.00 with them for warranties and products I purchased.

Did they offer to give me the remote for their deceptive practices? NO!

Why should I have to pay to return something, that was sold to me with LIES??!?!?!

On top of this, I had previously bought things from Conns with no problem, I was telling friends about them, now I will deter anyone I know from buying from this company.

I am in total disbelief.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Provide me with the remote or take everything back with no fees.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Samsung Smart Tv
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #560534

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Conns? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 4 No 4
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
269 of 493 Conns reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Conns. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Conns.
Filing a new complaint about
×