Ease of Use
Layout of Store

I purchased a mattress in 2015 from Conn's Inc here in Denver, CO.With my purchase, I opened a line of credit.

The mattress itself has been great and has give me no issues. It still looks brand new as I take really good care of it. Anyway, I made payments toward my credit account monthly, usually for twice the minimum. On November 13, 2016 I made my last and final payment for the amount of $360 via debit card on their online portal.

I keep all receipts. I called Conn's the next day to ensure that my payment was received. Representative confirmed, but stated it would take up to 3 weeks for them to process and close my account completely. That's fine.

December 19 comes and I still had not received my close-out letter confirming I was paid in full and that I no longer owed anything to Conn's Inc. I began making calls and had the issue escalated to the management team. On December 21 I reported to all 3 credit bureaus that my account was paid and that I had receipt for proof. On December 23, Conn's Inc agreed that everything was finalized, paid in full and would go ahead and close the account.

Yay! No more credit bills. Fast forward to February 2017. I began receiving 12 calls per 3 hours from an unknown number.

I was at work but I picked up in the evening. Conn's Inc. was calling to collect, stating I was 90 days behind on payments. WHAT?!

I got on the phone right away with a manager and we discussed what they needed as proof to confirm the account had, indeed, been closed. I also saw my credit score drop 100 points due to their oversight!!! On February 9, I sent in documentation which included: 3 months of bank statements, an online receipt, a letter from my bank and other paperwork that showed I had made my last payment on time and in full. They said they would review.

I have literally called in every 2 days since - by the way it's now June 19, 2017 - and this matter is still not resolved. They continue to report my account as PAST DUE and it has further impacted my credit score. No one seems willing to help. I've literally talked to over 13 managers and have had this issue escalated on 6 different occasions.

I've sent in additional paperwork which included certified mail from my bank, another 2 months of rolling bank statements, etc and still no reply. The managers say it's "out of their hands" and that the offline department handles these disputes, however, you cannot officially speak with any of the offline team. In reality, I don't trust that my account is being reviewed at all. I find it questionable that they would give me such trouble on my LAST and FINAL payment, yet all of the other 60 payments were processed fine.

I find it even more suspicious that they have taken over 4 months to review my case while they continue to add interest to this falsely reported, delinquent account. I've been trying for several years to get my credit back on track and I cannot begin to express how disheartening it is to have this occur and be able to do nothing about it. Conn's Inc is a scam. DO NOT OPEN a credit line with them unless you want your livelihood to be trampled on - believe me, a mattress is not worth that.

I have reported them to the BBB and will be filing complaints with the Attorney General soon. I want to warn everyone who thinks of shopping here to look elsewhere. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS! It's your hard earned money.

Needless to say, if they decide not to uphold an honest ruling in my case, I will not be giving them one cent more.Signed, A TRULY PISSED OFF CUSTOMER

Review about: Conns Manager.

Preferred solution: CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND REMOVE BAD CREDIT REMARKS.

I didn't like: Customer service, Fraud department will not return calls, Management team does not help, Open dispute for more than 3 months, Team does not contact you.

Had an Experience with Conns?

Comments

WTF is wrong with these People *** Artist Central from these reviews.